24 October 2011:
Wow!!! What a weekend. Travelled to Molweni on Friday to pick any shots that I would have missed and continue with a scene that I had not completed. Only to be greeted with an unexpected turn of events. Saturday was a scorcher in Molweni, Zluh and I trotted off to fetch one of the kid actors to travel to Durban with to shoot another scene. The boy ran away clearly not wanting to continue with the film. Clad with camera, tripod and all the other bits and pieces we use to make films I stood gobsmacked that this was happening so close to the end.
But I breathed in and breathed out - and found another child whose perfomance and innocent demeanure made me want to cry, however I could not cry - you can't be a weakling director you know (gotta take control).
On the same day we went to go and film in the notorious Chesterville Rank. I received 50 million warnings about shooting there, however if I as a filmmaker cannot shoot in the midst of my own peoples reality then where can I film. So we continued and yes we did draw in a crowd and some wanna be actors too, but it was marvelous and the shots were also marvelous.
Sunday we were shooting in Moore Road and those scenes went well with Sixolile and Sandile.
I am so glad that I am nearing the finish line. I can literally see the banner that says the FINISH and I hope to be amongst those that receive a rose and towel, perhaps even a trophy at the end.
Thank you for the continued support. I will see you all at the FINISH line.
From the Impendulo Team.
No comments:
Post a Comment